ATTACKING THE EPIDEMIC WITH AI
The opioid drug problem has reached crisis levels in the United States. In 2015, over 33,000 Americans died of a drug overdose involving opioids.
In the US alone, estimates put the economic cost of the opioid crisis over $500 billion, or 2.8 percent of GDP. This is over six times larger than a recent estimate economic cost of the epidemic.
In the US alone, an estimated 54 million people over the age of 12 have used prescription drugs for non-medical reasons in their lifetime. More people report using controlled prescription drugs than cocaine, heroin and methamphetamine combined.
The Opioid Centaur is designed with cutting edge Al and forensic pre-payment platforms to uniquely tackle this epidemic. The Opioid Centaur uses a variety of systems lead by Artificial Intelligence to:
- Immediately flag all known abused opioids in medical claims for further investigation
- Determine physical distance between prescriber and user to alert the user of the Opioid Centaur of possible fraud and abuse
- Use historical data to determine potential fraud and abuse patterns in opioid prescribers and users
- Locate potential duplicates in medical claims even if hidden under fraudulent provider or patient information by comparing current providers and patients to previous investigations and claims
- Find fraud and abuse in medical claims by using Alto understand the connections between providers, prescribers, patients and even family members, friends and acquaintances
- Categorize entities by matches, possible matches and possibly related records.
- Integrate existing data and systems to supply further information to the Al Centaur system
- Apply customized application tools to assist the Centaur and integrate with the users existing systems and procedures